NSW Wheel Chair Rugby League (NSWWRL) values the importance of an individual's privacy and that an individual has the right to control his or her personal information. NSWWRL will only use the collected personal information in a lawful manner.
(a) persons who donate money to Wheelchair Sports NSW; and
(b) member registration for various events and programs;
The type of personal information which may be collected includes:
- Individual's name
- Individual's address
- Individual's phone number
- Individual's email address
- Individual's credit card details
No personal information will be collected without consent.
NSWWRL collects the above information for the purpose of (1) provide information regarding NSWWRL to its members and to individuals who have had their personal information collected, (2) processing payments and (3) to contact athletes, supporters or coaches regarding the event prior to their arrival. Individuals may unsubscribe from the mailing list(s) at any time by contacting NSWWRL.
Disclosure of Personal Information
NSWWRL is not permitted to disclose personal information to anyone other than in accordance with the Privacy Act, without the consent of the individual, unless an exception in the National Privacy Principle applies.
If NSWWRL receives a request from a third party for an individual's personal information, WS NSW is not permitted to release the information unless it is either in accordance with the practices set out by the Privacy Act or written authorisation is provided by the individual.
Security of Personal Information
An individual's personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Disposing of Personal Information
When an individual's personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, NSWWRL will take reasonable steps to destroy the personal information collected. However, most of the personal information will be stored by NSWWRL for a minimum of seven (7) years.
Access to the Individual's Personal Information
National Privacy Principle 6 provides individuals the right to access their personal information that is held and to update and/or correct it. In some circumstances, identification may be required before releasing their personal information.
NSWWRL does not guarantee website links or the policy of third parties.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, NSWWRL will only collect an individual's personal information directly. However, in some circumstances, a third party may provide information regarding an individual. In such cases, NSWWRL will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is made aware of the information provided to NSWWRL.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 11 September 2011 02:03|
- 2012/2013 Season Launch ... 10 October, 2012
- Let's Play ... 01 September, 2012
- West Tigers Support Our Stars ... 01 March, 2012
- Mark Riddell To Attend Grand Final ... 18 February, 2012
- Australian Representative Honoured ... 14 February, 2012
- Former Administrator To Attend GF... 14 February, 2012
- GRAND FINAL NSWWRL 2012... 10 February, 2012
- Development Camp - Opening Ceremony... 26 November, 2011
- Mathew Head named Ambassador... 21 October, 2011
- The New Panthers... 14 October, 2011
- Season begins for Wheel Heroes ... October 8, 2011
- Season 2011/2012 - Register Now!... August 17, 2011
- In a League of Their Own... October 5, 2010
- The Wheel Heroes of Rugby League... September 24, 2010
- Keating & Robinson Help Launch WRL... 14 December, 2009
- Eels back League on Wheels... 14 December, 2009
- Grand Final Photo Gallery... December 11, 2008
Written by Paul Quinn
Friday, 12 August 2011 01:45
New South Wales Wheelchair Rugby League Inc. was formed as a non-for-profit sporting organisation for people with disabilities on the 25th September 2009. Our mission is to provide a balanced and fair Wheelchair Rugby League competition from 2010 onwards using the International Tag Wheelchair Rugby League rules and format.
We recognise that there is more than one form of Wheelchair Rugby League available; International Tag Rules and Local Touch Rules. Our long term aim is to host competitions for both forms of Wheelchair Rugby League. Sign up for membership today and join us on this fantastic journey.